Wednesday, August 19, 2009

From Christopher Stanley

I've never met Willie, but I know of him.

I worked for Brice Beaird / Beaird Agency as an art director and later senior art director from the late 90's until the agency eventually dissolved in the early 'oughts. All the while, there was a silent respect/competition/understanding of "BARONET" down the street. There was a time, even, when I thought about taking my book down the road and seeing what Willie thought. I never did; probably should have.

Nevertheless, I've enjoyed meeting him on facebook and seeing the things he's posted and the impressions and art he's left. His is one of the first posts I tend to go to throughout my day.

He's an amazing creative force and for that, I'd like to call him a friend.

Happy Birthday!
toPher

No comments:

Post a Comment