Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday Darling!

It's hard to believe we are celebrating the day you were born, 50 years ago! I am honored, blessed, joyful and generally pleased as punch to have been able to spend the last twelve + of them with you! We've done so much and had such fun and meaningful and rich times together. I hardly know where to start. So here are some of my favorite memories and highlights!

Barcelona for your 40th! Remember staying in the amazing Paradors....this one was an old castle!


...and the trip down the salt mines.


The fabulous party you threw for my 40th...


Then there's always Vegas! Lots of great trips there, including celebrating my 35th with the gang....


....what a night!


There was New York for another of your birthdays - Avenue Q and The Phantom!

And we got to go back for Dana's wedding
(and apparently Body Piercing according to this photo)


San Francisco trips have been some of our best! Golden Gate Park, Moss Beach, Muir Woods, The Haight, SFMoMA, visiting friends, the list goes on and on....


LA was awesome! And remember I won the trip in a drawing, how sweet was that? One of the best spots we hit....Venice Beach!

D'Oh! I think I remember winning you this Homer! Can that be right?

Santa Monica Pier

Huntington Beach


There was the Half Marathon in Hawaii...we raised $9,000 for diabetes research, and got an amazing trip to the isles!


Our trip to Arizona...I just love this picture in the hotel room.


And the beginner's slopes Colorado. Ok fine, so those were for ME.


Buenos Aires was wonderful....if only the Tango wasn't so freaking hard!




And of course our annual Idaho escapes! It doesn't get much prettier, and I'm excited to go back with your new camera!!

Salmon spotting
The best lunch spot ever!


And after hiking all day, the best dinner spot ever!


How many trips have we made to New Orleans? And it's wonderful every time. Except walking around Bourbon Street early Saturday morning - yech!


Of course Paris is really hard to beat! It was so beautiful and romantic and the food was amazing! And I think this might be where I saw my first "smart car".

The top of the Eiffel Tower


Some of my favorite memories with you are just hanging out with friends and family, being creative, rushing to catch a sunset by the lake, movie marathons, visiting museums and galleries, seeing great bands in concert, going dancing, spending hours on the computer watching videos or listening to music, listening to you read to me, or even just sitting in front of the tube engrossed in Twin Peaks, The Sopranos, Six Feet Under, Scrubs, The Office, The Simpons, or Flight of the Conchords. Here are some everyday pictures of you and I that make me smile.

Ah....the old White Swan Building


Bringing Home Iggy and Myrna


Holidays in Lafayette

Halloween hobo and theater floor....

Not your everyday movie-watching experience, very serious stuff. : )


One of my favorite pictures of us!


Have a glorious birthday honey!
I love you
I care about you
I appreciate you. xoxo

2 comments:

  1. what a beatiful beautiful showing of LOVE from the lovely tanya- compiling ALL this cool stuff from all these cool people that all love WILLIE!!!

    ReplyDelete