Sunday, September 27, 2009

From Audrey Harrell

I am reminded of Willie frequently as I listen to my oldies station and Elvis comes on singing, "A Little Less Conversation" or whatever the title of that song is! Sitting right next to the conference room during big meetings always gave me a perfect earshot of the theme song Willie used on his new business pitches. So NOW, every time I hear that song I think of Willie.

One thing that is unique about Willie is that he is such a softy! I will always remember his sweet heart and gentle spirit mixed with a little bit of crazy! He is a great friend to so many people. One of my favorite things about Willie was that he always made everyone feel welcome, and he had an uncanny ability to take pictures of himself and someone else with his go-go-gadget arms holding the camera an armslength away from him as he squeezed in next to someone to catch a snapshot. It is truly a talent!

Willis, just remember that one of these days you're going to have to let some of your 50 year old stuff GO!! Just like when we cleaned out the storage room downstairs in the White Swan....JUST LET IT GO!!! You've got much more to accumulate and "ratpack" in the years to come for you to hold onto every little thing you've kept up with thus far. Keep the friends, and do some Spring Cleaning! ;-P

Much love and Happy Birthday!
Your storage room "shrink",

No comments:

Post a Comment