Saturday, October 17, 2009

From Danny Willhite

Wilson T-Noon Baronet,

Words are not enough to express how I feel about you (but I think this photo pretty much of sums it up!) :-)

How fortunate I've been to have you in my life for the last 31 years. You are truly my oldest friend (and I've known you longer than most people, too. ba-da-bump!)

It really is difficult to put into words what you mean to me. Who knew on that first day of college when we happened to sit next to each other that I had found one of my best companions on this journey called life. We've been through a lot since that day. We've struggled to share our deepest thoughts and deepest fears. You've been there for some of my happiest times and saddest moments. We've made each other laugh a lot and we've managed to hurt each other's feelings on a regular basis. Most importantly, though, you've always made the space for me to be me. And through it all, we're still the best of friends. You have been both a conduit to my past by staying in touch with so many people, places, and events that I would never have been able to keep up with on my own. And you've also been a guide to the future, leading me to experiences and knowledge that I'm not sure I would have found without you. You've been a great friend to me and countless others and you do it with such style and grace that you make it look effortless.

With much love brother,
Happy Birthday and Welcome to the Over 50 Club,
--Danny


No comments:

Post a Comment