Saturday, October 17, 2009

From Jim Guy

Willie,

You’ve been a very good person to get to know through basketball. Our playing together has been always been fun, and you’ve always been an easy person for me to play with.

Why? Because of three important things that you do very well.

First, you are the best person in the game at moving without the ball, and your moving makes it easy for me to pass to you.

Second, you catch what I throw you, and I know that that is not always easy.

Third, you make the shot after you make the catch on the highly questionable passers I throw you after you’ve moved to get open.

Passers need scorers.

You do all of the work, and I get credit for a nice pass.

Thanks for making me look good.

More than that, you’ve been a good friend, and a person that I’ve enjoyed getting to know.

Your commitment to helping Paul has been commendable and inspiring to the rest of us. It’s a long tough road, and we all need help to walk it.

That’s what being a good teammate is all about.

Thanks for always being a good teammate.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment