Saturday, October 17, 2009

From Francisco Vargas

To Willie B on his 50 Birthday

I am changed because of you
My false chains you helped remove
And thus
I walk taller,
My step is stronger
My smile moves from honesty
And I see straighter than before

But more importantly this new breath of freedom
I pass on to those I meet
and they
In turn
Move the seed to those they meet,

so

One change in me because of you,
is moving many
to take little stronger step
to walk a little taller
to smile more honestly

And that’s just your effect on me
Now multiply it by ten thousand and you will see
One man in only 50 years
Changing the world
Forever and For the better -

And thus your birthday celebrates us all
Happily affected by your Spirit and your soul -

Here, here! I pray and cheer for 50 more!
¡Feliz CumpleaƱos!
Your friend, Francisco - Singing Whale

No comments:

Post a Comment