Wednesday, October 14, 2009

From Dave Perna

Hey Man!
Wow! Seems like we were just celebrating 40, weren't we? Oh well, guess time flies when you're having fun!

We would like to think it's time for you to lose a step or two now that you are reaching this milestone, but I know that won't happen. (It certainly didn't happen at 40!) So once we start playing again, I guess I'll have to look forward, once again, to the steady diet of being run ragged along the baseline, constant drainage of your jump shots over my fraction-of-a-second-late defensive efforts, and, of course, the occasional ass-pinch of which I have become so fond.

But seriously, Willie, Saturday mornings have been a blast over the past I-don't-know-how-many years, and you've been a big part of making them so. I've really enjoyed the lunches at Café Lago (we need to start those up again!) and spending the time with you and Tanya solving the world's problems. I'm grateful to have both of you as friends. And I know everyone appreciates all the time you've spent with our friend Paul and the efforts you've made to get him re-connected with the group. It's great to have him back!

Happy 50th, my friend... and welcome to the club!

Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment