Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Karen Stolz Morales

These birthday greetings find you 50 years into this life. Wow. What a ride, huh? I remember lots of things about you, Willie. All the things I remember I can still find in you to this day: generosity, compassion, love of life and art, boundless enthusiasm and good will.

It seems you have found a path that suits you. A road that has taken you alongside many talented and wonderful people. All of whom you have touched in some small or large way. Because it is your way to reach out and touch. With a feather-light effect or with a big impact, you manage to be yourself and be available to the many around you who find you a guidepost for their own lives. It is the being there and being consistent that has made and kept you many friends.... Not just acquaintances... But real friends.

Your life overlapped mine just when I needed a boost to get somewhere I wanted to go. I am there, here, because you saw me and saw in me something special. It was drawn out of me to show you and that makes not only me special for having it, but you special for bringing it out. I think that too is your way. You gently pry open the small things kept inside, helping to reveal the true self that is hiding. In doing so you discover parts of yourself while showing beauty to those you help uncover.

I believe you have set yourself up to accomplish more in your life, so this first fifty years is just a precursor to something even greater yet to be. I am excited to be around for another few decades of knowing you. The last couple (few?) have been a blast. Thanks for always seeing things from my perspective and letting me be myself with you. You’ve never made anything of the failures, but you’ve always celebrated the wins. Best wishes to you, my friend, for another blessed 50 years of life to add to the first round.

-karen stoltz morales

No comments:

Post a Comment