Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Bronson Ma

Where should I begin? Willie has been an important figure in my life not just professionally but also personally. He is the first and only person (besides his partner Steve Gibbs at the time) I worked for right after I graduated from college and I have learned so much from him. Everything from typography to being a smart ass, Willie has passed on a great legacy onto me. Now that I am running my own business, I still think about the things Willie taught me and shared with me.

One of the greatest memories I recall with Willie was my first trip to California for a photo shoot with Overhill Farms. Until then, I have never been to California and I remember Willie showing me the beach and other "California" things while we were there. One of the photos shows how Willie wanted to take a photo of us in front of the Hollywood sign and obviously that did not happen. ;) And how can I forget the dim sum outings with 30 people eating chicken feet? And the red 3000 GT Willie used to have?

I also believe the confidence I have today has a lot to do with the encouragements and challenges I received from Willie. I recall he always said that I have become a confident young man while I was working at GibbsBaronet and that was encouraging for him to see.

Willie, I hope you know how much you have accomplished in the past 50 years and how many people you have impacted. You always have a good heart to help and nurture people and there are plenty of people that can benefit from your wisdom and passion. Keep up the good work and don't get weary! I hope your birthday is a reminder of the mile stone you have come to and a start of a new chapter in your life. Happy birthday, Willie B!

-B Ma





No comments:

Post a Comment