Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Lucia Marques

Dear Willie,

I look at recent photos of you, then I look at this photo and I think that you just haven't changed that much. I see the same slightly up-to-no-good expression in your eyes and I remember how wonderful it was for me to travel all the way from France to Lafayette, Louisiana, and meet Danny's friends. Ya'll made me feel so welcome and you were always so funny! I'll grant you that I thought you were crazy to think that I was actually going to enjoy that spicy Cajun boudin and that I was going to get your oh! so American jokes. Anyway, 1984 was the year of this picture. I can't remember the name of the street where the house that Danny and you bought together was, but it was a very cozy little place. I hope this photo brings back good memories and I wish you an amazing 50th birthday.

Lots of love and hugs.

Lucia

Willie well accompanied by Danny and Harold (Lafayette, 1984)

No comments:

Post a Comment