Thursday, October 8, 2009

From Sherry and Gordon Petty

Willie,
I’ll always remember the very first time I believe we met was at the Groll’s house for a joint Warrior/Woman Within summer gathering. You played in the pool with our granddaughter and showed her the most wonderful time. I remember thinking then how very special you must be, even though I barely knew you. Over the years after that, I had the pleasure of learning what an incredible human being you truly are, mostly through stories from your significant other, Tanya, and from nearly anyone I knew who had ever met you or even interacted with you. You truly flood the world around you with the light of your being and it’s a gift. Finally, two remaining things. After reading through your birthday blog lovingly put together by Tanya, I felt Poppy Sundeen’s comments truly captured the essence of what I sensed in you, but can only hope to one day experience. You entice people to feel more deeply, think more deeply and explore things about themselves they’ve never even considered. Again, an incredible gift. And the very last thing…..up for another game of ping pong?!?!?!?!?

Happy, Happy 50th Birthday, Willie.

All our best to you!
Sherry & Gordon Petty

No comments:

Post a Comment